Sports and Recreation Students Attend Concordia Roundtable Event

Professor James Gray and the Sports and Recreation Students pose for a photo at the CUW Sports Hospitality Roundtable event.

Gracie Thies, Webmaster and Staff Writer

On October 7, 2017, a group of students from the Sports and Recreation department took a trip to Concordia University Wisconsin for the Sports Hospitality Roundtable. At this event, students were given the opportunity to network with businesses from all over Wisconsin and Illinois. Many businesses use this event to find new hires or offer internships. 

The trip was led by Professor James Gray, Director of Sports and Recreation Management, and accompanying him were students Kevin Kasten, Blake Dillavou, Cole Clark, Gracie Thies, and Emma Lewandowski. The Roundtable event was attended by other schools and even graduate students. There were about 50 organizations there involved in sports, hospitality, and entertainment; some to name are the Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Brewers, NCAA, The Big 920AM Milwaukee, BIG 10, and Summerfest. 

While meeting with these business experts, students could ask questions and pick up business cards to contact the employers in the future for career opportunities. Also at the event were Marian University alumni that could offer connections and advice for anyone wanting to work in the sports industry. Other events are also offered throughout the year that benefit students wanting to get a head start on a future in his or her major or field of study.  

For more information on other events for Sports and Recreation Management, contact Professor James Gray: [email protected]