Fond du Lac P.D. enhances patrols near Marian University campus after alleged break-in

Brenda Ordoñez, Co-Editor-in-Chief

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (Sabre Voice) – The Fond du Lac Police Department is providing enhanced patrolling near the Marian University campus after a possible break-in incident that took place in the university’s on-campus housing in early September. 

According to Fond du Lac Police Department Assistant Police Chief of Operations Steven Kleinat around 12 p.m. on September 6, police received a call from Marian security requesting extra patrolling after a suspicious person was seen looking through the women’s campus housing units located in the 30 block South National Avenue. 

Klein says Marian security did not have a description of the suspect at the time of the initial call and were unable to locate the individual. 

Officials report around 12:30 a.m. on September 7, officers were called back to the area of the South National Avenue residence for reports that the suspect, who was allegedly looking through the windows of the women’s housing unit, had returned.  

Authorities say at that time a student described the suspect to be a black man with dreadlocks, who was about five feet, seven inches tall and was wearing glasses and a dark shirt. 

Police say they searched for the suspect but were unable to locate him. 

Later that day, just before 8:30 p.m., Kleireportreceiving another student complaint saying they had also witnessed the suspect looking through the windows and stated that someone was in their apartment the night of September 6. 

Klein says the student stated they were allegedly awakened by someone opening their bedroom door and when the student asked who the individual was, the suspect is said to have closed the door and left.  

Officials say thstudent described the suspect to be a black man with dreadlocks and wearing brown pants, a dark colored hoodie, and bright green gloves. 

The suspect has not yet been identified and the incident remains under investigation, according to police. Anyone with information regarding this incident should call the Fond du Lac Police Department at 920-906-5555.