Marian University to host 39th annual virtual 2020 Business & Industry award ceremony

Brenda Ordoñez, Co-Editor-in-Chief

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (Sabre Voice) – Marian University announced it is inviting the community to attend its 39th annual virtual presentation of the 2020 Business & Industry awards on October 28. 

University officials say the event is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. and will recognize local businesses with awards for entrepreneurship, economic development, special achievement, and commitment to the community. 

Marian shared the following businesses receiving awards include Sam Meyer, Baker Cheese Company, The Boyke/Grinstead Family, Faris Gourmet Popcorn, and Treats/United Manufacturers, Inc. 

University officials say they will also be presenting resident Steve Peterson with the George Becker Business Spirit Award which is given to anindividual, company, charitable organization, or civic group whose good business practices benefit the community, either through the ways they do business or through the recipients’ contribution to the community. 

The money raised from the event is said to go directly to scholarships for students at Marian University.  

If residents wish to attend the virtual event, they can register at, MarianUniversity.edu/BI-Registration.