Dr. Michelle Majewski appointed 17th president of Marian University

Martin Vu, Co-Editor-in-Chief

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (Sabre Voice) – The Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes and the Marian University Board of Trustees have announced the appointment of Dr. Michelle Majewski as the 17th president of Marian University. 

Majewski had taken position as Acting President of the university on April 8, 2020, following the resignation of former president, Andrew Manion, will now serve as president through June 30, 2023. 

“A lot has changed at Marian University over the past several months, but not my belief in its time-honored mission, the opportunities we offer students, and our importance to the Fond du Lac and surrounding communities,” Majewski said. “Right now, we are facing significant challenges, but Marian University is among the few institutions in Wisconsin undeniably ready to take them on, and with the group of dedicated faculty and staff walking our campus, we’re well-equipped to work together to find the solutions that will promote success for our students.”  

Prior to being appointed Acting President, Majewski – who earned a doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Adler University – was serving as the sponsorship advisor for the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes, and in that capacity, she served on the Marian University Board of Trustees.  

President Majewski’s accolades don’t end there, recipient of the Marian University Underkofler Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award as well as the founding editor of the Journal of Homeland Security Education, Board of Trustees officials believe Dr. Majewski is fit for presidency. 

“Dr. Majewski personifies the qualities we look for in selecting a new president. She is committed to supporting our students and recognizes each as an individual, and her appreciation and understanding of the mission and values of Marian University will undoubtedly serve her well in this role,” said David Klumpyan, the new chair of the Board of Trustees. “I have greatly appreciated Dr. Majewski’s vision and leadership over the past several months, and she has proven that Marian University is now firmly in the hands of someone who will work tirelessly in leading us in a positive and exciting direction.”