Game of games: Kicking it with the Marian University Black Student Union

Martin Vu, Co-Editor-in-Chief

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (Sabre Voice) – Games. Competition. Prizes. These are things that motivate people and that the Black Student Union, or (BSU), at Marian University used when they hosted an entertaining game show event on February 22 

In honor of Black History month, BSU offered games like charades, Family Feud, and a scavenger hunt  for students to learn more about Black history. Although not all the questions were related to Black history, the games were still fun, educational, and competitive. This competitive drive stemmed from the award that was offered: gift cards to many restaurants around Fond du Lac.  

With the games and education coming to an end, BSU continued this event with a movie. The movie Queen & Slim was shown in the Strayer Auditorium Center. A powerful movie about the current Black Lives Matter movement and police brutality, Queen & Slim” covers many of the racial problems in today’s society, according to the film’s description. 

In helping people learn more about Black history, the event demonstrated how many African Americanimpacted the current world and society.  

As this month is coming to an end, there are many more events happening on and off campus. Be sure to follow Marian University’s social media channels to stay informed!