Marian Student Senate offers escape with weekly journal prompts

Martin Vu, Co-Editor in Chief

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (Sabre Voice) – In every moment of every day, people are constantly thinking. There is always something on their minds. But, there are a couple ways to help get everything off your mind and writing and sharing your thoughts is great ways.  

Marian University’s Student Senate has been posting “Friday Prompts,” a weekly journal activity that allows students and others to write what’s on their mind. As a continuation from DIY Friday, these journal prompts allow students to get creative.  

The prompts are posted through the Student Senate social media pages and encourage students to write either a poem, prose, short story, or even draw an illustration. Student Senate wants those who are comfortable with sharing to submit their weekly writings and demonstrate their talents as well as share their voices 

The journal writings can help distract the busyness in the daily life. According to the University of Rochester Medical Center, journaling can help you manage and reduce anxiety, as well as cope with the day-to-day. It’s nice to share your thoughts on paper and remind yourself that breaks are needed and healthy. 

Whether it’s writing a poem or just jotting down notes related to the prompt, submitting something can end up on Marian’s social media pages. Follow the Marian Student Senate Instagram page to stay caught up on the latest prompt and submit any writings that you feel confident and comfortable with.