Ripon College and Marian University to look at partnering

Martin Vu, Co-Editor-in-Chief

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (Sabre Voice)  On March 18, Ripon College and Marian University announced that they are creating a joint working group. Their goal is to examine more opportunities for the two Wisconsin schools to collaborate. 

A group of administrators, faculty, staff, trustees and students from Ripon and Marian will work together to see the benefits that could come from “establishing a closer partnership around administrative, academic and co-curricular activities,” according to the press release from the university.  

The schools are not seeking to merge, but to “find ways to cooperate,” Ripon College President Zach Messitte said in the release. 

“We each care deeply for our students, and we each want to provide them with a comprehensive and quality education that is affordable and enriching. I’m hopeful that the joint group will find areas where, by working together, we might be able to enhance our respective institutions,” he said. 

The schools, located within 25 miles of each other, both have a focus on “small classes sizes and the value of integrating the traditional classroom experience with practical work and internships” the release states 

The potential partnership with Ripon College is an example of how partnerships in universities and colleges can benefit all involved, as it will focus on “how both institutions can better serve students,” Marian University President Michelle Majewski said.  

“The potential of this proposed collaboration has yet to be determined, but it’s exciting for both Marian University and Ripon College to have this dialogue and think about what a partnership could look like.” 

The joint group expects to begin working immediately “and will thoroughly examine all areas for possible collaboration,” according to the release. The public can expect to see a report with the recommendations this summer.